Sunday, January 18, 2009

Voy a tomar tu cámara.

I hate Spanish keyboards. Ñ is where ; should be, ´ is where ' should be, / is where * should be. It's seriously throwing off my groove. Cue memorable quotes from The Emporer's New Groove. On the other hand, it's now really super easy to type stuff like ¿Cuantos semanas hace que tú no ha duchado? or ¡Ay caramba! or just the good old ÑáÇ窺éíóúñ.

Wow, do I have some pictures for you guys. Marta, Mila and I drove to the top of a smaller mountain se llama Panecillo today, and the view of Quito was increíble. After that, we went down the Plaza de la Independencia where I got to go through a centuries-old cathedral (where I almost got my camera taken away for breaking the no pictures rule... stupid flash went off) and the Palacio de Gobierno. I actually toured the Ecuadorian equivalent of the White House today. Those will be up in the next couple days. In the meantime, just try to imagine what it looked like in your head. BIG GINORMOUS THANK YOU to Mom and Dad for the wide-angle lense for Christmas. You'll see what I mean when I get those pictures up.

Also so everyone knows, Erin leaves for Ireland for the semester on Tuesday. She's got a blog that I linked to on the right side of this page, but that doesn't even matter because she hasn't done anything with it yet. I'm counting on you to give her a hard time about it before she leaves, and don't accept the "I can't, I have to pack" line.

Shout-outs to: Amy, for attempting something only crazy people and Jesus attempt, and Horse.

From Ecuador,
Andy

5 comments:

  1. I want pictures. ASAP, okay? Especially Mila, she looks super cute. Did you see and Ecuadorian Secret Service? and is their "white house" actually white like ours, or is it like a blue house or something? Pictures would totally solve this problem and then i wouldn't need to ask silly questions...

    How was that for a comment?

    Miss you,
    - Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that the lens is working okay, and that the Cathedral people didn't take it (or the camera to which it attaches). It sounds like you are having a lot of fun.

    Are the stars as bright as I remember from the mountains in Colorado?

    I love you Buddy. - Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, forgot to tell you - we got Erin on her flight okay. Sending you two off to the far corners of the earth is taking its toll on the 'Rents. On the plus side, Columbus now seems like a trip to the corner store.

    - Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad your first week has gone so smoothly, hopefully your second week will be even easier for you! Erin left today and, as Dad said, that was hard for us. Her too, I think. So to fill our time you're going to need to blog a whole lot more with both writing and pictures! The mountains in the background of your house are absolutely beautiful! We look forward to seeing more. I enjoyed talking with you yesterday, I'll work on my skype skills so next time will be easier! Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ojo!! Andy!
    Estoy muy alegre leer sobre tu. Me alegro tu se divierte. (Lo siento. Mi espanol es malo.)
    Anyhow, thanks for the shout out :) I'm honored to be the only one along-side Horse to receive one. Just to update you, I'm on day 4 and staying strong! I'm not hungry at all, and I still have plenty of energy. I just go to bed earlier than normal.
    Te amo, mi hermano!

    ~Amy

    ReplyDelete