¡Hola! I arrived in Quito without incident late Saturday night. The city is beautiful and quieter than any American city of comparable size. It's at the base of Mount Pichincha, and I feel as if the mountain is merely a 5-10 minute walk from mi casa because of it's size, although it's quite a bit further. Pictures coming soon (when I can get a reliable internet connection with my own computer). I'm staying with the Morillo family: the grandmother Marta (my Ecua-abuela), her daughter Cristina (my Ecua-madre), and Cristina's three kids, Omar (15), Mateo (10 and seriously a Cleveland Indians and Cavaliers fan!), and Mila (4). For the record, Mila is adorable. Again, pictures coming soon.
One other item of note: my bedroom smells like poop. I have a bathroom all to myself off of my bedroom, which is a good thing because who wouldn't want their own bathroom, but it's a bad thing because as in many Latinamerican countries, they don't flush the toilet paper. It goes in a trash can next to the toilet. Air fresheners (which they have in the bathroom) only go so far, especially when the bathroom door doesn't close all the way.
Hopefully, I'll be able to post more tomorrow.
"GRINGO" CATCALLS: 4
From Ecuador,
Andy
Penyedia Jasa SEO Ekonomis
6 years ago

HOORAY! for making it safely! I was worried that you wouldn't make it there on time with all the nutsy weather here. Praying for you :)
ReplyDeleteLove always,
Amy
Oh my goodness, I'm so excited for you! I wish I was there.
ReplyDeleteErin
So glad you made it! ;D
ReplyDeleteIt's so good to read your update! Tell your Ecua-madre and Ecua-(family?) that we say hello from Ohio and thank you for taking care of our son! It sounds like a truly beautiful area! We look forward to seeing your pictures. We love you, Mom and Dad
ReplyDelete